For over 25 years American Pipe & Plastics, Inc. has been a leading supplier of PVC conduit and fabricated sweeps, bends, couplers and adaptors for the Telecommunications industry.
PVC conduit and accessories are utilized as raceways for communication cable by RBOC's (Regulated Bell Operating Companies), CLEC's (Competitive Local Exchange Companies), ILEC's (Independent Local Exchange Companies), CATV (Cable TV) Companies and other end users in their design of underground infrastructure. Conduit and accessories are designed for either direct burial or concrete encased applications.
Telecommunications conduit and accessories are manufactured to the Telcordia CAO8546 and NEMA TC10 specification for telephone conduit and the ASTM D1785 specification for Sch 40 and Sch 80 conduit.
Ample inventory levels of conduit allow for delivery of materials on a timely basis. Inventory is also maintained for a wide range of fabricated accessories.
Advantages Of Using PVC Conduit
- Smooth bore to reduce cable drag
- Lightweight for ease of handling
- Flexible for ease of installation (stick)
- Solvent welded joint ensures water tight integrityl
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Outstanding structural integrity
- Excellent resistance to chemicals, will not rot, rust or corrode
- Highly resistant to impact